Dr. Jo Anne Lyon, General Superintendent of the Wesleyan Church, preached this sermon at Taylor University Chapel in 2009. An outline accompanies the podcast.
Healing a Broken World in the 21st Century
God presides in the great assembly; he gives judgment among the “gods”: “How long will you defend the unjust and show partiality to the wicked? Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked. “They know nothing, they understand nothing. They walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken.
- Defend the Cause of the Weak and Fatherless (Psalm 82:3a)
- Maintain the Rights of the Poor and Oppressed (Psalm 82:3b)
- Rescue the Weak and Needy (Psalm 82:4a)
- Deliver Them from the Wicked (Psalm 82:4b)
- Invite the Healing Living Water to Flow through You (Rev. 21:4)