What happens when the fabulous three meet up with the tremendous two?
Episode 71 of The Threshing Floor.
At the 2016 New Room Conference, our hosts gather around the microphones of two of our favorite people. We fired up the mics and let the Holy Spirit roll. What happened was a fascinating conversation about ministry.
We talked about many different things, including;
- The role of power and Christlikeness.
- The role of power and women in ministry.
- How we are called to sociological imagination.
- What it means to not use power for the self, but for others.
- The role of race and privilege.
- Being a good neighbor.
- The role of power in healing ministry and relationships
- Listening first to what Jesus says.
- How do we act around fear.
- When we become a poor servant rather than something awesome.
- When we have a crisis in the gap.
- Learning that ourself is enough.
- Healing and the true self.
- Listening loosely.
- Why “God using us” is janky.
- How we distort the image of God in our language of call.
- The temptation of performance.
- Not taking yourself too seriously.
- What’s more powerful than giving your own power away.
We also want to congratulate the winner of our Isaiah Epic of Eden giveaway!