Just enough water to be fun, and not enough to get sick if it’s still a little cool.
Choose someone to be Marco. Blindfold Marco and give them the super-soaker. Then instruct the students that there are four rules:
- They must stay inside the boundaries.
- They must answer Polo whenever Marco says his name (though they do not have to yell).
- When they are hit by water, they are out and must exit the playing field.
- Persons who are not on the field must not respond when Marco says “MARCO!”
The last person standing is Marco next time.
To kick it up a notch:
- Periodically make the boundaries smaller
- Add an additional Marco after each round
- Make someone being “out” expire after counting to 30 or 60 (this works best if you have a large number of Marcos)
- Long-range water gun (super soaker)
- Cones or other method to designate boundaries.