We did this small group after a message on loyalty. If you want to see what we said in the talk, you can download the PDF of the talk outline here.
- A friend sticks closer than a brother – true? Why or why not?
- Do you think loyalty is possible in our world today?
- What do you think most people would say they are loyal to?
- How important is loyalty to you?
In your family? In your friendships? At your job – or on your team? To your school?
- Do you give loyalty – or is it earned?
- Do you give friendship – or is it earned?
- How can someone prove their loyalty?
- Can you be loyal to someone that isn’t loyal to you?
- Do you think your leaders are loyal? What does that mean to you?
Who are you loyal to?
Ruth said to Naomi, ““Don’t force me to leave you; don’t make me go home. Where you go, I go; and where you live, I’ll live. Your people are my people, your God is my god; where you die, I’ll die, and that’s where I’ll be buried, so help me God—not even death itself is going to come between us!”
- Who fits this statement in your life – who are you loyal to no matter what?
If there is no one – how do you find that person?
- Loyalty begins in us – are we loyal?
What kind of friend are you – really?
Are you Reliable? Trusted? Believed?
There are so many verses that speak to loyalty and friendship. Here are a few:
Ruth 1:16-17 (our Scripture for today)
1 Corinthians 16:13-14
So…what are you (we) going to do about it?