Today we explore the dramatic conclusion of the story we began last week. David, who has been anointed as King already, is facing Goliath. He chose last week to refuse the power of Saul’s armor in favor of something else. Today we discover what is fueling his faith.
I love what Christine Caine says, “If the light on you is brighter than the light inside of you, the light on you will destroy you.” Today we get to see the light that is dwelling inside David.
Bible Verse: 1 Samuel 17.40-50
David’s Life Lesson:
- David walked out with five stones. The number five in the bible represents grace.
- David only used one stone. The number one in the bible represents unity.
- Now we see David walked out covered in grace and in unity with God for the mission in front of him.
Our Life Application:
- We Step Into Where God Has Called Us, Confidently By Faith In His Name, Equipped And Empowered By The Holy Spirit.
- What is something you like about David?
- What is something you have learned from David?
- What do you think about when you hear God is always with you like he was with David?
- Where is a place in your life you might need to hand over to God and trust him?
- Where is a place in your life where God might be calling you to take a step out in faith for him?