Podcasts are an incredibly powerful resource; there’s a whole world of free content just waiting to be downloaded for your edification. Podcasting is just another way the Internet has made the world a little bit smaller by giving anyone and everyone a voice.
Christians were quick to pick up on podcasting; it’s an easy and free way to distribute audio and video and today you can listen to and watch churches and seminaries all across the world from your computer. But you’ll quickly find that the iTunes store is crowded and if you are just now wading into the religion section, it’s hard to know where to begin. Let me offer some of what I have found to be the best Wesleyan podcasts.
- LifeChurch.tv — Craig Groeschel’s church pioneered online ministry and continues to serve a fantastic podcast that is available in audio, video and as a live presentation on their website. Podcast: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/lifechurch.tv-hd-message-series/id271646791
- Grace Church — Jorge Acevedo has led Grace Church as it has become the fastest growing United Methodist Church in the United States. Podcast: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/grace-church/id357886807
- Woodlands United Methodist Church — Ed Robb has been the senior pastor at Woodlands for over 30 years and the congregation has become one of the largest in the UMC. Podcast: http://itunes.apple.com/podcast/woodlands-umc-traditional/id90189896
- Granger Community Church — Mark Beeson started Granger Community Church in his living room over 25 years ago. Self-titled as “not your grandfather’s church,” you’ll find a great teaching from the staff at Granger. Podcast: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/granger-community-church-podcast/id383139644
- Ginghamsburg —Mike Slaughter has been the senior pastor at Ginghamsburg since 1979 and since then they have grown into a model contemporary church. Podcast: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ginghamsburg-church-video/id213630212
The final destination that you need to check out is http://wesleyansermons.com/. Wesleyan Sermons is a resource from the Education & Ministry department of The Wesleyan Church, and is directed by Dr. Lenny Luchetti who serves as Assistant Professor of Proclamation and Christian Ministries at Wesley Seminary. You may remember Luchetti from his Seedbed short, Preaching in the Weselyan Tradition.
P.S. If you are still confused about what podcasting is, here is a video from 2008 explaining it: http://youtu.be/qBgO30h2cY8